ENTI, European Network of Territorial Intelligence
ENTI (Territorial European Network of Intelligence), the European network of territorial intelligence, developed in Europe from 1989 with the spreading of the method Catalyse. This method suggests the partnerships of development of the tools of scientific conception to realize diagnoses of territory, to estimate their actions and to observe the impact of these actions to elaborate projects of sustainable development in a participative way.
In 2003, the involved researchers and actors established the European Network of Territorial Intelligence. From March, 2006 till February, 2009, the caENTI, the action of coordination of the European Network of Territorial Intelligence, was supported by the 6th program of research and technological development of the European Union.
ENTI has for objective to assure the continuity of the actions of the caENTI and to spread collaborations on an international scale.
Conceived and experimented by the University of Franche-Comté and the arranged action "Mosaïque", a model-action of the 3rd European program of struggle against poverty, Catalysis proposes in the partnerships of development of the tools of scientific conception to realize diagnoses of territory, to estimate their actions and to observe the impact of these actions to elaborate projects of sustainable development in a participative way.
Since 1989, around thirty diagnoses, evaluation and observatories were realized in Europe on the initiative of actors' partnerships with the support of universities. The researchers and the involved actors worked in network. In 2003 they established the European Network of Territorial Intelligence to develop and spread within the networks of local actors a global knowledge of the territorial dynamics and tools allowing them to argue, to manage and to estimate projects of sustainable development.
From March, 2006 till February, 2009, the caENTI, the coordination action of the European Network of Territorial Intelligence, was supported by the 6th program of research and technological development of the European Union, in the priority " Governance and citizenship in the society of knowledge ". The caENTI grouped together 8 universities and 7 territorial actors of seven European countries more Taiwan. It inventoried and analyzed the methods and the scientific tools of knowledge of territories. It estimated the principles of governance of the research-action suited to the sustainable development. It was so able to establish, in a concern of homogenization in the European scale, a first series of specifications concerning, on one hand, the indicators of sustainable development established by the partnerships of development and, on the other hand, tools of analysis territorial multicriterion accessible to the actors and corresponding to the étique of the sustainable development.
The caENTI ended on February 28th, 2009. The final reports were handed on the occasion of the seminar of scattering of Brussels, for the contractual deadlines.
The last international conference of the caENTI grouped together more than two hundred and fifty researchers. More half were outer the caENTI. The participants showed the wish to assure the continuity of the actions of the caENTI and to widen collaborations on an international scale.
An action of prefiguration of an network of excellence in territorial intelligence within the framework of the 7th framework program of research and development of the European Union was introduced to seek financing. 12.500 euro were acquired for the editorial animation of the portal.
ENTI will pursue :
- The editorial animation of the portal of territorial intelligence (www.territorial-intelligence.eu)
- The annual international conference of territorial intelligence
- The dissemination and the development of the Catalyse tools
- The database on the research concerning the territory
- The database of the territorial actors, according to the quality letter on the research-action and the territorial governance
- European web-mapping of indicators of the sustainable development accessible to the territorial scale
Three activities of research are in progress
- Operate a multidisciplinary synthesis of the sciences of the territory.
- Develop the territorial information and spread the methods of territorial observation and spatial analysis, in particular in the direction of the vulnerable populations and territories.
- Improve the contribution of the systems of territorial information to a fair governance and to a sustainable development, by a better integration in the process of territorial decision.
This proposition waits for your remarks and for your suggestions.?
Three actions of dissemination are engaged:
- the Journal of Territorial Intelligence
- the European Master of territorial intelligence
- the world website territoriesnet.org.
They will widen the visibility of the portal of territorial intelligence and of the annual international conference of territorial intelligence.
The next international conference of territorial intelligence, Territorial Intelligence and culture of the development, which will take place in Salerno (Italy), from 4 till 6 November 2009 proposes corresponding themes in axes of the project of research. Wednesday, 4 is reserved for the detailed organization and for the programming of the project of network of excellence.